Finding hotels in Xinjiang is by no means difficult, however finding a suitable, inexpensive hotel can be a challenge. Most travelers rely on China travel guides to help them decide which Xinjiang hotel meets their needs.
As a former guidebook factchecker, however, I can tell you that these books go out of date quickly and when you get out into remote places like Xinjiang the hotel turnover rate is quite high.
For this reason I have created a list of FarWestChina’s recommended hotels in Xinjiang. You won’t find all of these Xinjiang hotels in your guidebook and most of them certainly don’t have a website, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t good.
Best Hotels in Xinjiang
I’ve tried to make each of these pages as useful to you as possible. Multiple options are given for each city that cover both the budget and the luxury travelers.
I’ve also written a brief description of each to give you an idea of the pros/cons of each place (taking into account their price, location, and atmosphere). Below you can find my Xinjiang Hotel Reviews divided by either city or property name.
City Hotel Overviews
|If you feel that the above list is incomplete, please contact me to let me know.|
|Hotan (Khotan) Hotels|
|Yili (Yining) Hotels|
- Urumqi Sheraton Hotel
- Luxemon Yindu Hotel Urumqi
- Hoi Tak Hotel Urumqi
- Urumqi Grand Mercure Hotel
- Lucky Chance Hotel Urumqi
- Urumqi Aksaray Hotel
- International Trade Grand Hotel
- Urumqi White Birch Youth Hostel
- MaiTian Youth Hostel Urumqi
- Baolu Youth Hostel Urumqi
- Urumqi Super 8 (near the train station)
- Urumqi’s Kashgar Hotel (near the train station)
- Kashgar Pamir Youth Hostel
- Kashgar Old Town Youth Hostel
- Kashgar Maitian Youth Hostel
- Kashgar Chini Bagh Hotel
- Tashkorgan K2 Youth Hostel