When it comes to the beautiful Xinjiang landscape, even a simple camera can produce the most beautiful photographs.
Xinjiang, the largest province in China and located in the country’s far northwest, boasts one of the most diverse landscapes: from one of the world’s largest deserts to one of the world’s largest mountain ranges.
The result is that the term “Xinjiang landscape” can mean so many different things. Take a look at the photos below for great examples.Error, group does not exist! Check your syntax! (ID: 2)
10 Breathtaking Xinjiang Landscapes
Photo Credit: dm4379
The Taklamakan Desert is the 2nd largest desert in the whole world and takes up almost 1/3 of the entire Xinjiang province.
Photo Credit: 辛同學
The famous Hemu village is located near the Kanas Lake in Altay, Xinjiang. It’s one of the most popular places for professional photographers in the region, especially during the fall months when the leaves turn various colors.
Photo credit: calvin_y
The Keketuohai National Park is one of the most beautiful and least-recognized parks in China. Many compare it to Yosemite in the US.
Photo credit: Joshua Holko
Sometimes referred to as “Xinjiang’s Grand Canyon”, this incredible place is located near Aksu.
Beautiful apricot blossoms year Yili, Xinjiang spring up every year and provide incredible photos.Error, group does not exist! Check your syntax! (ID: 3)
Photo Credit: konrad
The Flaming Mountains of Turpan provide an incredible backdrop for some of the most interesting Silk Road history in the world.
Fields of lavender in Xinjiang, China. Xinjiang is one of the largest producers of lavender in the world.
Photo credit: woOoly
The Stone Fort in Tashkurgan is a great place to see the Pamir mountains as well as the beautiful Golden Grasslands.Error, group does not exist! Check your syntax! (ID: 4)
Photo credit: baddoguy
One of China’s most photographed Xinjiang landscapes, this bend in Kanas Lake is hard to beat.
Photo credit: Paul Chong
Forest of poplar trees in Xinjiang provide a great contrast to the desert and the mountains.
- How to Teach English in Xinjiang, China (Updated 2018) - December 10, 2018
- Best VPNs for China in 2018 (that still work despite the ban) - December 1, 2018
- Understanding “Xinjiang Time” and China’s Two Time Zones - November 26, 2018
- Xinjiang in the Winter | Traveler’s Guide for What to See & Do - November 12, 2018
- Uyghur Customs | 26 Rules for Hosting or Being Hosted - October 29, 2018
- How to Rent a Car in China | Traveler’s Guide - October 22, 2018
- Karamay, Xinjiang | China’s Richest City - October 15, 2018
- 20 Best Xinjiang Books Reviewed & Ranked - September 25, 2018
- Buzkashi Explained: Mysterious Rules & Traditions - September 17, 2018
- Do I Need a Special Visa or Permit for Xinjiang? - September 10, 2018