Bezdomny ex Patria posted a translation for a Beijing News article that talks about the shrinking of the Aibi Lake here in Xinjiang. Good stuff.
Unfortunately, Xinjiang doesn’t have a good track record with lakes, the most recent extinction being the Lop Nor lake near the Taklamakan Desert and the Aiding Lake in Turpan. Hopefully things will fare better with Aibi.
UPDATE – Dec 2011: China and the World Bank have committed to investing $12.18 million US dollars to save this lake.
- Top 5 Places to See in Turpan, Xinjiang - September 4, 2019
- Best VPN for China 2019 (that still works despite the ban) - September 1, 2019
- How I Use Gmail in China (despite it being blocked) - August 20, 2019
- Best China Visa Service for US Travelers - August 13, 2019
- Learn Uyghur | Ultimate Guide to Available Resources - July 24, 2019
- What is the Largest Province in China? - July 3, 2019
- Kashgar Sunday Bazaar | Photos & Video - June 26, 2019
- Yili (Ili) Xinjiang | Top 5 Places to Visit - April 10, 2019
- Turpan’s Jiaohe Ancient City 交河故城 | Traveler’s Guide - April 3, 2019
- Urumqi Airport Traveler’s Guide 2019 (Xinjiang) - April 1, 2019