Having lived in Xinjiang, China for a total of over 4 years now, and having recently rented my own apartment here in Urumqi, I thought it might be interesting to share with you a quick snapshot of the cost of living in Xinjiang as compared other parts of China, like Shanghai.
I hope to perhaps revisit this on an annual basis to chronicle the changes, as prices have gone up significantly since I first traveled here in 2006.
If you’re curious to know how much 2,500 RMB for rent is equal to in US Dollars or Euro at this moment in time (Nov 2013), the exchange rates are as follows:
- USD –> RMB = 6.09 (divide the numbers below by 6.09)
- EUR –> CYN = 8.24 (divide the numbers below by 8.24)
Enjoy, and if you have a blog of your own you can use the embed code below this to easily share this with your readers!
Cost of Living – Xinjiang vs Shanghai
- 10 Breathtaking China Landscapes in Xinjiang - November 13, 2019
- 20 Best Xinjiang Books | Travel, History & Uyghur Culture - November 6, 2019
- Best VPN for China 2019 (that still works despite the ban) - November 1, 2019
- Kashgar Traveler’s Guide | What to See and Do - October 30, 2019
- Best Uyghur Food Recipes from Xinjiang, China - October 16, 2019
- How to Make Uyghur Bread from Xinjiang - October 9, 2019
- Top 5 Places to See in Turpan, Xinjiang - September 4, 2019
- How I Use Gmail in China (despite it being blocked) - August 20, 2019
- Best China Visa Service for US Travelers - August 13, 2019
- Learn Uyghur | Ultimate Guide to Available Resources - July 24, 2019