Having lived in Xinjiang, China for a total of over 4 years now, and having recently rented my own apartment here in Urumqi, I thought it might be interesting to share with you a quick snapshot of the cost of living in Xinjiang as compared other parts of China, like Shanghai.
I hope to perhaps revisit this on an annual basis to chronicle the changes, as prices have gone up significantly since I first traveled here in 2006.
If you’re curious to know how much 2,500 RMB for rent is equal to in US Dollars or Euro at this moment in time (Nov 2013), the exchange rates are as follows:
- USD –> RMB = 6.09 (divide the numbers below by 6.09)
- EUR –> CYN = 8.24 (divide the numbers below by 8.24)
Enjoy, and if you have a blog of your own you can use the embed code below this to easily share this with your readers!
Cost of Living – Xinjiang vs Shanghai
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
- Living in Xinjiang | One Foreigner’s Perspective - February 16, 2017
- Xinjiang Street Food | Karamay Fried Yellow Noodles - November 3, 2016
- 10 Years in Xinjiang | CCTV Documentary - October 27, 2016
- FarWestChina’s Josh Summers on CCTV - October 19, 2016
- Travel Kuqa | What’s Worth Visiting? - October 13, 2016
- Prehistoric Porn in Xinjiang (Hilarious Petroglyphs!) - September 29, 2016
- Travel Kashgar | What’s Worth Visiting - September 19, 2016
- Learning the Uyghur Dutar in Xinjiang - September 9, 2016
- What Should I Eat in Xinjiang? 10 Best Uyghur Food - September 2, 2016
- Kashgar Sunday Bazaar | Photos & Video - August 25, 2016