Having lived in Xinjiang, China for a total of over 4 years now, and having recently rented my own apartment here in Urumqi, I thought it might be interesting to share with you a quick snapshot of the cost of living in Xinjiang as compared other parts of China, like Shanghai.
I hope to perhaps revisit this on an annual basis to chronicle the changes, as prices have gone up significantly since I first traveled here in 2006.
If you’re curious to know how much 2,500 RMB for rent is equal to in US Dollars or Euro at this moment in time (Nov 2013), the exchange rates are as follows:
- USD –> RMB = 6.09 (divide the numbers below by 6.09)
- EUR –> CYN = 8.24 (divide the numbers below by 8.24)
Enjoy, and if you have a blog of your own you can use the embed code below this to easily share this with your readers!
Cost of Living – Xinjiang vs Shanghai
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
- Urumqi’s International Grand Bazaar | Worth a Visit? - September 12, 2017
- Traveling China’s Karakoram Highway | 2017 Traveler’s Guide - September 6, 2017
- Celebrating Qurban in Urumqi, Xinjiang - August 31, 2017
- Xinjiang in 360 Degrees | Virtual Reality Travel - August 28, 2017
- 10 Crazy, Little-Known Facts about Xinjiang - August 14, 2017
- “Big Plate Chicken” DaPanJi (大盘鸡): Xinjiang’s Best Food - August 6, 2017
- Kashgar Old City | A Timeline of Changes - July 18, 2017
- Exploring the Wilds of Wusu, Xinjiang (Off Road!) - July 11, 2017
- Living in Xinjiang | One Foreigner’s Perspective - February 16, 2017
- Xinjiang Street Food | Karamay Fried Yellow Noodles - November 3, 2016