Having lived in Xinjiang, China for a total of over 4 years now, and having recently rented my own apartment here in Urumqi, I thought it might be interesting to share with you a quick snapshot of the cost of living in Xinjiang as compared other parts of China, like Shanghai.
I hope to perhaps revisit this on an annual basis to chronicle the changes, as prices have gone up significantly since I first traveled here in 2006.
If you’re curious to know how much 2,500 RMB for rent is equal to in US Dollars or Euro at this moment in time (Nov 2013), the exchange rates are as follows:
- USD –> RMB = 6.09 (divide the numbers below by 6.09)
- EUR –> CYN = 8.24 (divide the numbers below by 8.24)
Enjoy, and if you have a blog of your own you can use the embed code below this to easily share this with your readers!
Cost of Living – Xinjiang vs Shanghai
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
- Kashgar Sunday Bazaar | Photos & Video - August 25, 2016
- Top 5 Turpan Travel Destinations to Explore - August 18, 2016
- How to Make Uyghur Bread from Xinjiang - August 5, 2016
- Cycling in Xinjiang | What You Need to Know - July 26, 2016
- Yili (Ili) Xinjiang | Top 5 Places to Visit - July 20, 2016
- Is the Internet Accessible in Xinjiang? XJ Q&A #3 - July 14, 2016
- Shipton’s Arch | World’s Tallest Arch - June 30, 2016
- Is it Safe to Travel to Xinjiang? XJ Q&A #2 - June 23, 2016
- The Uyghur Knife & My Visit to Yengisar - June 16, 2016
- Visas and Permits for Xinjiang? XJ Q&A #1 - June 9, 2016