Having lived in Xinjiang, China for a total of over 4 years now, and having recently rented my own apartment here in Urumqi, I thought it might be interesting to share with you a quick snapshot of the cost of living in Xinjiang as compared other parts of China, like Shanghai.
I hope to perhaps revisit this on an annual basis to chronicle the changes, as prices have gone up significantly since I first traveled here in 2006.
If you’re curious to know how much 2,500 RMB for rent is equal to in US Dollars or Euro at this moment in time (Nov 2013), the exchange rates are as follows:
- USD –> RMB = 6.09 (divide the numbers below by 6.09)
- EUR –> CYN = 8.24 (divide the numbers below by 8.24)
Enjoy, and if you have a blog of your own you can use the embed code below this to easily share this with your readers!
Cost of Living – Xinjiang vs Shanghai
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
- One Man’s Journey to the Center of Asia - March 19, 2015
- What You Missed in Xinjiang last February 2015 - March 5, 2015
- Xinjiang Time | A Tale of Two Time Zones - February 26, 2015
- What to See in Xinjiang During the Winter - January 21, 2015
- My Take: Top 5 Best VPNs for China (Updated March 2015) - January 14, 2015
- Cruising 200km/h on Xinjiang’s New High-Speed Train - December 3, 2014
- Jack Ma: Can He Save Xinjiang’s Online Shopping Woes? - November 25, 2014
- 25 Unbelievably Stunning Xinjiang Photos - November 21, 2014
- Surviving Turpan’s 29km Death Race - October 8, 2014
- Traveler’s Guide to Turpan’s Jiaohe Ancient City 交河故城 - October 4, 2014