Every Sunday merchants from all over the western region of Xinjiang converge on a plot of land east of the city to take part in the Kashgar Sunday Market. This beautiful photo captures the livestock portion of the market where sheep are just one of the many animals you’ll find huddled together. In the background you can still see portions of Kashgar’s Old City.
Photo used under the Creative Commons License
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
If you are interested in contributing a photo to FarWestChina’s Picture of the Week series, please contact me and send in your Xinjiang-related photo. All photos must be originals and will be credited to you and/or your personal website.
- FarWestChina’s Josh Summers on CCTV - October 19, 2016
- Travel Kuqa | What’s Worth Visiting? - October 13, 2016
- Prehistoric Porn in Xinjiang (Hilarious Petroglyphs!) - September 29, 2016
- Travel Kashgar | What’s Worth Visiting - September 19, 2016
- Learning the Uyghur Dutar in Xinjiang - September 9, 2016
- What Should I Eat in Xinjiang? 10 Best Uyghur Food - September 2, 2016
- Kashgar Sunday Bazaar | Photos & Video - August 25, 2016
- Top 5 Turpan Travel Destinations to Explore - August 18, 2016
- How to Make Uyghur Bread from Xinjiang - August 5, 2016
- Cycling in Xinjiang | What You Need to Know - July 26, 2016