Every Sunday merchants from all over the western region of Xinjiang converge on a plot of land east of the city to take part in the Kashgar Sunday Market. This beautiful photo captures the livestock portion of the market where sheep are just one of the many animals you’ll find huddled together. In the background you can still see portions of Kashgar’s Old City.
Photo used under the Creative Commons License
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
If you are interested in contributing a photo to FarWestChina’s Picture of the Week series, please contact me and send in your Xinjiang-related photo. All photos must be originals and will be credited to you and/or your personal website.
- Kashgar Sunday Bazaar | Photos & Video - August 25, 2016
- Top 5 Turpan Travel Destinations to Explore - August 18, 2016
- How to Make Uyghur Bread from Xinjiang - August 5, 2016
- Cycling in Xinjiang | What You Need to Know - July 26, 2016
- Yili (Ili) Xinjiang | Top 5 Places to Visit - July 20, 2016
- Is the Internet Accessible in Xinjiang? XJ Q&A #3 - July 14, 2016
- Shipton’s Arch | World’s Tallest Arch - June 30, 2016
- Is it Safe to Travel to Xinjiang? XJ Q&A #2 - June 23, 2016
- The Uyghur Knife & My Visit to Yengisar - June 16, 2016
- Visas and Permits for Xinjiang? XJ Q&A #1 - June 9, 2016