Every Sunday merchants from all over the western region of Xinjiang converge on a plot of land east of the city to take part in the Kashgar Sunday Market. This beautiful photo captures the livestock portion of the market where sheep are just one of the many animals you’ll find huddled together. In the background you can still see portions of Kashgar’s Old City.
Photo used under the Creative Commons License
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -
If you are interested in contributing a photo to FarWestChina’s Picture of the Week series, please contact me and send in your Xinjiang-related photo. All photos must be originals and will be credited to you and/or your personal website.
- One Man’s Journey to the Center of Asia - March 19, 2015
- What You Missed in Xinjiang last February 2015 - March 5, 2015
- Xinjiang Time | A Tale of Two Time Zones - February 26, 2015
- What to See in Xinjiang During the Winter - January 21, 2015
- My Take: Top 5 Best VPNs for China (Updated March 2015) - January 14, 2015
- Cruising 200km/h on Xinjiang’s New High-Speed Train - December 3, 2014
- Jack Ma: Can He Save Xinjiang’s Online Shopping Woes? - November 25, 2014
- 25 Unbelievably Stunning Xinjiang Photos - November 21, 2014
- Surviving Turpan’s 29km Death Race - October 8, 2014
- Traveler’s Guide to Turpan’s Jiaohe Ancient City 交河故城 - October 4, 2014